Congratulations Dr. David Stein and Dr. Connie Wanstreet! They have been selected to receive the Shauna Schullo Best Distance Teaching Practices Award for their 2011 Information Session Presentation, “e-Coaching and feedback practices to promote higher order thinking online” at the Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning.
The award will be announced and presented to them this August at the 28th Annual Conference on Distance Teaching & Learning in Madison, Wisconsin.
The S. Schullo Best Distance Teaching Practices Award was instituted to recognize an Information Session presenter whose session contributed significantly to the practice of distance education, especially in the areas of:
- Learner-centered practice
- Exportable practice that could be implemented in a variety of learning environments
- Potential impact of practice to advance the field of distance education
- Evidence-based, effective practice
- Demonstration of excellence and quality both as a teaching practice and as an
- Information Session presentation
- Creative, inventive distance teaching practice, or unique adaptation
The Shauna Schullo Best Distance Teaching Practices Award was created in memory of our colleague, known for her collegiality and respected for her commitment to quality distance teaching. We are pleased and proud to present the award to, David and Connie, as dedicated professionals who generously share her expertise, passion, and high standards for distance teaching.